Every wedding develops a rich festive mood for the families of bride and groom, as well as the wedding guests. The compulsory inclusion of dance and music in all the pre-wedding and post-wedding rituals makes these occasions more enjoyable for those who are present in the wedding, to share the joy of the new couple.
All the marriages of North India and Western India are marked with the vibrant music and joyful dances of all wedding guests to those tunes. Nowadays, most wedding families prefer the popular Bollywood songs to be played during their wedding functions, as songs of all moods and cultures are available from the films made in Bollywood.
Most favorite Bollywood songs to be played during Mehendi function
- 'Mehendi Lagake Rakhna' is the hit song from the blockbuster film 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' that is widely used in most of the Mehendi functions.
- 'Mehendi Rang Laayi' from the film 'Chal Mere Bhai' is another popular Mehendi song, to which people love to dance.
- 'Mehendi Lagaungi Mein Sajna Ke Naam Ki' is a great favorite among all the new brides, who mostly want this song to be played during their Mehendi rituals.
- 'Mehendi Mehendi' is another suitable song that can be sung or played during the Mehendi function, taken from the hit Bollywood film 'Chori Chori'.
- 'Mehendi Ni Mehendi' and 'Mehendi Ki Raat Aayi' are taken from the fabulous Bollywood song albums that are often played in the occasions of Mehendi in a family.
Top Bollywood songs preferred for playing in a Sangeet ceremony
- 'Bole Chhudiyaan Bole Kangana' from the hugely popular film 'Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham' is a favorite song to be used in any Sangeet ceremony.
- Mere Hathon Mein Nau Nau Chudiyaan' is another popular song from the film 'Chandni', on which the young girls love to dance on the occasion of any marriage in their families.
- 'Sasural Genda Phool' is a song from the film 'Delhi 6' that is easily related to the occasion of wedding, thus highly favored as a dance item song in Sangeet.
- Many people love to dance to the highly rhythmic tunes of modern songs, like 'Nagada Sang Dhol Baje' from the film 'Ramleela' or 'Tune Maari Entry' from the 2014 released film 'Gunday'.
- In many families, the brides also dance in Sangeet function along with their friends and relatives. Generally, the favorite songs for dance of the brides are 'Banno Rani' from the film 'Babul Pyaare' or 'Sajan Sajan Teri Dulhan' from the film 'Arzoo'. Many brides also like a bit older melodies, like 'Yeh Galiah Yeh Chaubara' from the 1982 made film 'Prem Rog' or 'Main Sasural Nahi Jaungi' from the hit film 'Chandni'.
Many families hire an efficient DJ for playing the chosen songs or may arrange to play the songs in a music system. Therefore, the selection of the wedding songs is considered to be a vital part of wedding preparations that are going to be played during different wedding related functions.