Earlier, people used to assume the number of guests attending any wedding ceremony, according to the number of the wedding cards sent by the families of the bride and the groom. But actually, the numbers of the guests are always lesser than expected, as everyone may not find time to attend the wedding, due to the lack of time or even for lack of enough interest.
RSVP Cards | Image Resource : lovevivah.com
But a lot of foods and money are wasted, when fewer guests turn up than the expected numbers. So the custom of sending Response Card was started to reduce this wastage and to know the real number of guests attending any event. The term 'RSVP' comes from the French phrase "Repondez s'il vous plait", which literally means in English "Response please". Now the rise in the trend of sending digital wedding cards has made the RSVP cards to be compulsory to be emailed with each wedding card.
Common etiquettes related to the RSVP Cards
As the custom of sending RSVP cards is quite new practice in India, many people still do not know much about it and often just ignore this card, when they receive it with any wedding invitation.
- It is considered very rude not to reply this RSVP cards, as the sender may be waiting for a response. However, now in some cards, it is mentioned "RSVP, regrets only", which means that the receiver need not reply if he/she is ready to accept the invitation and attend the ceremony.
- The reply of a RSVP card can also be given through a telephone call or email, to save the time needed for postal return of the reply.
- If anyone decides that he/she will not be attending the ceremony, then the sender of the RSVP card should be informed immediately.
- If anyone accepts the invitation by replying the RSVP card or by not replying to the "regret only" card, he/she should try to keep the promise of attending the celebration at all costs, unless met with any unavoidable circumstance.
- The invited people should reply as soon as possible, after getting the invitation and RSVP card, keeping in mind the date of the occasion, so that the host may have enough time to do the necessary arrangements for their guests.
- The host of the ceremony should be informed how many people are coming from a family, so that proper arrangements can be done to accommodate them, mainly in case of the distant guests.
Now, the people can get nice RSVP cards, to send with their wedding cards, from the Parekhcards.com.