India the land of diverse culture, landscapes and languages have emerged to be the dream honeymoon destination for newlyweds around the globe. And when it comes to traveling its different parts in the romantic monsoon season, its captivating places will never disappoint you. Here, this article brings to you the top 10 places in India that are an absolute delight for couples this monsoon.
1. Andaman Nicobar Islands
Andaman Nicobar Islands | Image Resource : andamantourism.org
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands constitute a group of almost 570 islands and lie at the southern part of the Bay of Bengal. This is one of the finest monsoon honeymoons and the eco-friendly place is known for its submarine mountains, silver sandy beaches, thrilling adventure sports and exceptional natural beauty. Andaman features the ultimate sojourn for newlyweds to create long-lasting memories.
Some of the romantic things that you can do here include:
- The crystal clear waters of Andaman treasure rich marine life, go and explore them together!
- The classic candlelight dinner at the shores under the stars
- The spectacular sunsets, particularly at Sunset Point
Goa Monsoon Honeymoon Place | Image Resource : i0.wp.com
Goa is a popular honeymoon destination that has got everything to ensure you make the most every minute spent here. The magnificent Portuguese architecture, balmy shores, eclectic nightlife and delectable vindaloo- every aspect of the city will make you fall in love with it. Without a doubt, this chilling spot of India transforms into a beautiful coastal retreat in monsoons. It receives rainfall in-between the months of June to September, while July being the highest.
To cherish unforgettable memories you can:
- Experience the peaceful and calm environment of churches and cathedrals
- Get off-road and take a tour of the old parts of Goa across the Western Ghats
- Plan a romantic gateway to the amazing Dudhsagar Waterfalls and Arvalem Waterfalls
Coorg Monsoon Honeymoon Place | Image Resource : files.wordpress.com
Coorg denoted as "Scotland of India" is an incredible place to witness the magic of monsoons. Besides the rain, there are innumerable places that can be visited to explore its natural setting. In fact, it stores just the right thing that you need to make your honeymoon a special one! From the unique aroma of coffee plantations, distinct views of hills and widespread greenery- everything here is all about being in love.
The best romantic things that you can do in Coorg are:
- Sit by the Cauvery River and enjoy the serene and tranquil atmosphere
- Enjoy trekking on the luscious valleys
- Seek blessings from ancient temples namely: Omkareshwara Temple and Igguthappa Temple
Kerala Monsoon Honeymoon Place | Image Resource : images.thrillophilia.com
Lakes, mountains, houseboats, spices and spa- Kerala brings it all! With topography of cliffs, tea plantations, streams, rough rocks and green valleys, this haven appears exquisite in monsoons and is best enjoyed when you are traveling with your partner.
When you plan your honeymoon to Kerala don't forget to:
- Build sand castles together on the beaches amidst coconut trees
- Enjoy boat cruise across the backwaters of Kerela
- Treat yourself and your partner with couple spa
Kashmir Monsoon Honeymoon Place | Image Resource : exploreindiaholiday.com
Kashmir, a place that needs no introduction has always been on the top of the list of honeymoon destinations in India. But, people often have a misconception that it may not be a good choice in monsoons. Fortunately, the reality is far from that. You can come to Kashmir to explore the spectacular Dal Lake, lines of colorful flowers and snow-clad mountains with your beloved by your side. There is a reason why Kashmir's beauty is second to none and you have to be there to experience it.
The ultimate romantic moments can be spent in Kashmir by:
- Go to the strawberry valleys of Gulmarg and taste the sweet berries together
- Sail by the iconic Dal Lake with your loved one
- Take a Gondola ride and capture the view of the city from 14,000 feet.
Udaipur Monsoon Honeymoon Place | Image Resource : blissfulindiatravel.com
Udaipur, the city of lakes is a great destination for honeymooners. Just like it's amazing lakes, the city is in its full bloom in monsoons- so why not make the most of it? Plus, if you want to surprise your partner with a regal experience then there cannot be a better place than this. Stay at the luxurious heritage hotels, relax by the famous Fateh Sagar Lake and Lake Pichola or discover the grand forts that preserve the rich heritage of the city.
For those romantic moments together you can:
- Go for a boat ride on the lakes and spend some time together
- Taste the one of a kind Rajasthani cuisine
- Go for sightseeing to explore places such as Sukhadia Circle or Sehelion-ki-Bari.
Shillong Monsoon Honeymoon Place | Image Resource : osrvacation.com
Shillong is a good spot for spiritual couples who want to escape into the tranquility of monasteries and lush green valleys. Every though monsoons are a bit overwhelming at this part of India, if the search is for a good honeymoon destination in June then Shillong is where it ends. Apart from the wondrous nature and spirituality, you will have memories etched in your hearts forever.
The beautiful things that you can do here are:
- Explore the deep valleys and rolling hills with cloudy backdrops
- Get a panoramic view of the natural setting while holding hands of your partner
- Meet the locals and know more about their lifestyle and culture
Puducherry Monsoon Honeymoon Place | Image Resource : static2.tripoto.com
When raindrops fall on the bay waters of Puducherry, the land soaks its beauty while the changing hues of skies enlighten the aura of the place. Even though there are many couples who don't consider it to be an ideal spot but that's underrated. Come here and you will realize that its charm and quaintness is hard to escape.
Your romantic time at Puducherry will get a new dimension with:
- Underwater date with your partner along with the exotic sea corals
- Riding bicycle together, as you explore the traditional, cultural and historical centers
- Enjoy nightlife at the happening lounge and pubs of the city